Search Blog Posts

Friday, January 29, 2010

Prospect Fun: White-out O.D. and Intervals at 0

Yesterday we had a 2.5 hour over-distance workout scheduled. After Monday's rain the trails were still fully covered, but a bit icy in places. Not so after yesterday. It was snowing so hard that you may as well have been skiing the downhills blindfolded. Steve had freshly groomed the trails, but halfway through the ski the tracks were already invisible. It was a winter white-out. . . . And we LOVED it. I thought that I had the most fun out there, but when I stated this fact after the ski was over most of the team assured me they had more fun than I did, so I guess the storm and all that snow brought out the 5 year-old kid in all of us. . . ..
This morning we had a very hard, 4x4 minute interval session scheduled. The temperature at Prospect when we arrived was 0 degrees F. And windy. But blue skies and sunshine, combined with some diamond-cut Paana tracks made the skiing bearable and the workout - although short - a success.

Coach Fisher skates through the white-out

Hausman collects some snow

Torinator

I can't really see anything. . . .


Sweet tracks!!!

Evan, Keith, Atay turn it over on an interval

Atay

Mojo workin'

Napster

No comments:

Post a Comment