Search Blog Posts

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Back at home and up at the cabin

Here are a few photos from the last couple of weeks since I got home from Williams:

Finding fresh asphalt with my training buddy Kristine who is on the ski team at UNH

Hanging with my friend Hannah at our cabin near Hayward, Wisconsin (home of the American Birkebeiner!)
My thumb after I ravaged it with a bread knife while trying to recreate my Sunday Driscoll brunch bagel sandwich

It was oppressively hot and humid last week in the midwest (over 100˚ F!) and here I am feeling the heat and contemplating the sweat in my thumb wound
I managed to convince Adrienne to come visit me in Minneapolis on her way to Colorado from Williams! We went on a big bike/rollerski tour around Lake of the Isles, Bde Maka Ska, Lake Harriet, Minnehaha Creek, the Mississippi River, and the Greenway. We also went for a little run through the sculpture garden with the Cherry and the Spoon and finished at the best ice cream place, Sebastian Joe's. Adrienne said, and I quote, that she could see herself living in Minneapolis one day, which is from the girl who once asked Elowyn whether she lived on the east or west coast, so we're considering the trip a success and everyone should come to MN! 

Adrienne and I admiring the Mississippi River from the Lake St. bridge

Spoon and cherry!

Stay cool and rock the cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment