Search Blog Posts

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Gratuitous Alaska-ness

Hey folks, Jack here.

Since leaving Williams for the summer I've been mostly working on my tan, which strangely apparently involves running around in the mountains for hours every day... who knew?
On the first mountain I scrambled up after getting back, there was a nice lady at the top with a phone who offered to take my picture, and of course I couldn't say no

Me on my very first mountain
More mountains were climbed, some sketchier than others:

I wish there were more mountains

It's hard to justify running when you aren't running to something cool, so my friend and I ran up onto and inside a glacier. I then realized I hadn't done strength in a months so we decided to whip out a little workout while we were there. See below:




After climbing every single mountain in Southcentral Alaska, I decided I needed a change of scenery so some friends and I headed down to Juneau for a week. After crossing into Canada and enduring some constitutionally questionable searches of ourselves and the truck by border patrol, we finally made it to Juneau and out to my cabin. 



Tracen getting some much needed rest time 
Cooling off after running from bears in the morning

And finally, congrats to our head coach Jason on his new twins Ella and Cara!

Cheers,
Connie






No comments:

Post a Comment