Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Pros of solo training!


Hey Friends.

I would like to begin by saying I think it is hardly fair that I, the other Alaskan, is writing directly after Jack: the Alaskan with the obviously better photography skills. (Great post Jack)

This summer I have been training mostly by myself and I would like to take this time to recognize and appreciate the pros of solo training. Shockingly, they do exist.

1. I have found I am much more observant. For example, today I observed 1 porcupine, 3 moose (meeses, mooses or what have you), 1 regular-sized squirrel, way too many tourists and one crazy badass looking beast (me).

2. I have had a lot of time to reflect. Mostly because I find myself repeating in my head, "Wow this hurts, why am I doing this?". There are many reasons why I am hurting on purpose! I'm really excited to be back with the team in the Fall and bond over our painful yet adrenaline filled and empowering adventures.

That's about it for pros of training solo. I tried being positive but truth be told I am very much looking forward to being back with the team in the fall.

Now here are some photos of my adventures:

A maggie and her spinach-berry smoothie. Enthusiastic yum!
A romantic sunset 


A romantic-er sunset














A Maggie dancing in neature
2 fuzzy, 1 not fuzzy animals



A Maggie trying to remember how to ski at Hatchers Pass the first day she got back to AK
One more Maggie dancing in neature

Can't wait to meet the twins when I/we get back to Williamstown. Sending lots of love to everyone!!

-Mags 

No comments:

Post a Comment