Search Blog Posts

Thursday, July 28, 2022

The Good, The Bad, and The Smelly


Howdy, herd! 

Coming attcha' from my home in Mazama, WA where I've been all summer and couldn't be happier! I've been kicking it with the familia and enjoying all the wild west has to offer. As for participation in our market economy, I've been working at the Mazama General Store (or "The Store" as it is the only store in town) and been doing an internship with the Methow Valley Citizen's Council doing data organization and communications. 

My co-worker Jenni mass-producing cinnamon rolls

When I'm not slinging pastries or struggling to use Excel I've been hitting the trails and open roads of the Methow Valley. If I'm lucky, I'll even remember my watch for intervals/uphill time trials (and I am not a lucky woman). 

Here at home, I'm getting a little sweatier, a little stinkier, and maybe even a little bit stronger everyday.

I've also been enjoying myself exploring the Methow's endlessly expansive backyard: the North Cascades! 

My buds, Mike and Ginger, getting high (the kind that D.A.R.E approves of)

This summer I've been cross-training with some climbing in the beautiful alpine with friends, chasing views and excuses to eat my body weight in gummies. 

Nomming some summit pizza

Unfortunately, my shoulders couldn't handle the rapid onset of muscle mass I've been putting on in the gym and I'm now (temporarily) out of commission with a rotator cuff over-use injury. But I've been spending my downtime productively: armless-swimming, picking berries in Rhode Island with a fellow Eph (of the ball sport variety) and harassing Henry J. for advice on linocut (my new favorite past-time).

Spoils of the narp life


My brother, Conrad, and former suitemate, Claire, going for a dip


Hope to be up and running (literally and figuratively) soon!

Till next time, keep rocking the cow!

- Greta

 


No comments:

Post a Comment