Search Blog Posts

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Colorado Cow Update

Greetings cow community! As Hadassah mentioned in her earlier post, I can be found ranging free at home in Vail, Colorado, and enjoying some wide open spaces.

This summer has gifted me with a lot of time to explore some more mountains around the valley, and sometimes there is even a trail involved! I always come prepared with long socks and sour gummy bears to fuel myself and whoever is along for the journey. Luckily, Hadassah has made the journey up from Boulder a few times to keep me in check and supplied with all the right goods. Her visits up to the Blakslee household are always a highlight! 


 
Happening upon Mystic Lake after scampering down a ridgeline during a light thunderstorm with the home club nordic team. And pictured on said ridgeline, is my newest endeavor to rehabilitate the Haribou gummy bear population to the wild after an inspiring show of gummy bear support in the Williams women's ski room.





Some quality time harvesting radishes from the garden with Lucy. Unfortunately, the only vegetables the deer left untouched.

Absolutely scrumptious dinner in the making at the base of Mount Belford, featuring not one, but TWO Ephs in the west (left). Summit of Mt. Belford, which, upon arriving at the trail was revealed to be among the 14,000 ft summit population, and quite a trek up (we crushed it).






In the meantime I have been enjoying grazing on some wild berries, painting in my downtime, and working odd jobs here and there and everywhere (if anyone is ever in need of a gardener/server/golf-cart chauffeur/dog-brusher, I know someone).



I think the best way to sum up this life update is with a snippet from an extremely influential piece of work I’ve been digesting this summer: 

Eloquently put, Calvin and Hobbes. On a completely unrelated note, currently taking any good book recommendations.


Sure enough, it’s hard to believe it's already mid-July. I have a lot more nothing to accomplish this summer! I am thoroughly enjoying my time hanging at home, soaking up the sun, and getting caught in the rain (and hail, but hopefully not lightning). That's all for now:) Keep on keepin' on, cows!


Joyfully,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment