Search Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Month in the Beartooths!

Howdy, Sports Fans!

I'm writing this from Stillwater, Minnesota, gearing up for the two day drive to Williamstown in order to arrive just in time for the 6:15 meeting (woohoo!). This summer was full of adventures--I led two week long canoe trips in the Boundary Waters, a month long hiking trip to the Beartooth Mountains, and in between I pounded pavement big time gearing up for the legendary season of '18. The Northwoods of Minnesota offer truly beautiful roads to cruise and sweet trails to run; however, they do not offer fast internet. Since I finally got enough internet to upload some photos, I though I'd share some pics from my longest trip this summer. 

From July 1st to July 30th, me and five 16-18 year olds went to the Beartooth Mountains in Montana and Wyoming with YMCA Camp Widjiwagan. Over the month we had lots of wonderful swimming, sledding, peaks, pancakes and more.

Here's the whole crew realizing we're in for lotsa snow


Our hero shaved his head right before the trip. Thankfully it's almost grown back but I'd estimate the high and tight cut we all know and love is still a month out.


Here's a couple shots of me smiling about camping.
 



This lonely goat just wanted to be our friend but all of my campers were scared of it, so the shooed it away


Here I am exploring Cairn Lake preparing to drop in.


Cairn Lake!


Relaxing in "the jacuzzi"


 At this point we decided we were on the moon




This is Flat Rock Lake, a highlight for all!


Here I am quite proud of my calzone I baked at Flat Rock Lake.


And my favorite shot of the trip at Heart Lake on the last morning!


Anyway! It's been a grand summer but boy, am I excited to get back to Williamstown!
See ya Minnesota, here I come Massachusetts.


No comments:

Post a Comment