Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Greetings from Switzerland

It's been a week since I took my last exam and flew back home to Switzerland for the holidays and the homeland has not disappointed. If anything, it is even more breathtaking here than I remembered.
The weather was overcast and snowy through the weekend and beginning of the week but when I woke up this morning I was greeted with blue skies, bright sunshine and a few inches of fresh powder. It was the first bluebird day of the year and the whole family stayed on the trails for several hours.
View from our living room this morning

The skiing is unbelievable but my favorite part is the delicious European food that greets you post-workout!
Traditional "Roesti"

Selection of mom's homemade Christmas Cookies

Needless to say I've been doing a lot of skiing, eating and watching skiing and other winter sports on TV.
We are heading to the Black Forest tomorrow to spend Christmas with my grandparents in Germany and then on to the airport to go to Quebec.
Hopefully the snow will be as amazing in Mt-St-Anne and New England!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment