Search Blog Posts

Friday, July 26, 2024

Greetings from Williamstown!

Hello to all of my fellow Ephs!

Ann Rightmire here, reporting from the lovely Williamstown, MA. I’m working for Overland Summers this summer (shout-out to Eph Nordie alum Luke Costley – director of Overland!). I’m part of Overland’s Field Staff, made up of recent college freshmen who are based out of Williamstown supporting local trips, working in the office, retrieving/dropping off kiddos at the Albany airport, shuttling 15-passenger vans with U-haul trailers around New England, and leading trips when needed.

Snoozin at the Albany airport

I’ve mostly been in Williamstown but have led 2 sessions of New England Adventure - a 1-week introductory hiking/biking/white-water rafting trip for 4th-6th graders.

Camp setup in the White Mountains!

It’s been a blast! Sometimes chaotic, sometimes exhausting, but always tons of fun with some great people. 

Soggy Moosilauke summit with the kids!

When I’m not at the Albany Airport or trying a new flavor at Lickity (recently discovered the smoothies/milkshakes - yummy!), I’ve been exploring the great training venues of Williamstown in as many shoulder-friendly ways as I can find. Lots of biking (thanks Janne for the bike!), running, hiking, swimming, etc. It’s been HOT but so much fun – the perfect excuse to end every bike-hike-run with a swim in the many swimming holes Williamstown has to offer! My favorite recent discovery has been the one at the base of Hopper Road. 

Biking! In Pownal!

Taconic Crest Trail/RRR!

My parents stopped by for a quick visit (shout out to Matt and Marg!). We hit up all the spots—three visits to Lickity in 24 hours, swimming at the Clark, looking for bunnies, visiting Cricket Creek Farm pigs, and trying to find the Stone Hill Cows. They were only around for 24 hours, but we saw 14 bunnies, two pigs, and lots of cows (but no purple ones šŸ™). 

Lickity!


Stone Hill cow!

Cricket Creek pig!
And I’ve been lucky enough to have some Williams friends and teammates around to share the fun with (when our days off line up, which is rare)! I got to visit Chip and Sage in VT for a bike ride, pond swim, and yummy pizza. Molly, Keelan, and Quinn are always up for a Lickity run, cheffing up some delicious dinner, or other fun adventures. And I even get to see Anni-Cow and Ste-Eph around Williamstown! 

A Williamstown rainbow!

That’s all for now…I hope everyone is having the summer of their dreams! I miss you all!


Lots of Eph Love,

Ann 



No comments:

Post a Comment