Search Blog Posts

Monday, July 24, 2023

a stratton summer

 Hey hey, fellow cows!


Since Mondays are my rest days and I literally live in the middle of nowhere, I thought, what better thing to do than "excitingly" write a blog post! Just kidding, I'll quit with the attitude since I'm certain that everyone has been patiently waiting to hear what I have been up to. Spoiler Alert: no more quite as exhilarating adventures as the everesting, but no worries, the spirit is still alive! 


The Homestead

Stratton has been treating me quite well, besides the exceptionally wet weather that seemed to have no end in sight up until a week ago. The flooding definitely caught us off guard, but besides the occasional road damage and a route complication to my favorite coffee shop, the Stratton area is up and running again. Now that the sun has finally decided to make an appearance, I have been cherishing every minute, and I mean that, in an attempt to look, tanner than I did at the end of ski season. With that in mind, I have been spending a lot of time outside, rolling and strolling on all types of wheels (and shoes). The roads have witnessed plentiful sweat and laughter as I have been enjoying training with friends and even with a couple members of the herd. 


It has unfortunately come to my attention that I don't have any roller skiing content (lack of fenders might be to blame)

Fin showing off 

A look of agony as a result of all of this rain 

Mandatory coffee stops (don't worry I definitely stopped my watch ;)

A friend along the way 

Getting dropped by Lilly 

On a more exciting note, I tried my hand at some swimming cross-training. Although I don't have any photo evidence, I was convinced by Lilly and Brad to do a one-mile crossing of Dublin Lake, an incredible feat in my book (I have never swam anywhere near that far). Thankfully I survived the feat, although it took me a couple of days to recover!  


Since I have no swimming pics, here is Loofer and I 

At home, I have been getting spoiled with some delicious food by my mom and sisters. Although certain members of my family have me beat at becoming a chef, I have put together some meals myself! 


Who doesn't like a pie?

Poke bowl!

I only ate the things in this pic

Chef Quinn plus sous chef Janne

Although July is coming to an end, there is still plenty on my agenda, before we shall convene back in Billsville! But until then training and life are keeping me busy. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate too, so I can keep my Vitamin D levels satisfied :) 

See yall soon!

-Janne 






No comments:

Post a Comment