Search Blog Posts

Sunday, July 9, 2023

A wild, western summer

Hello everybody, 

Checking in from home in Sun Valley, Idaho where I'm living it up this summer. After a week or two of dying at altitude, I decided to escape my lovely mountain town and visit some friends in Miami. While it was soooo humid, I had such a fun time swimming, snorkeling (ft. a shark sighting), eating delicious food, visiting local farmers markets, and attempting to get golden tan at the beach. All in all it was an amazing trip.  



Pre snorkeling!

Back in the 208, I've been training with the gold team and summer training group. We have such a fun squad and I've been loving getting after it in the Idaho wilderness. My favorite workout so far, and one that's been on my bucket list for a while, was climbing Glassford peak. Gotta love a good morning scramble followed by a massive snowfield glissade. 

Squad checking out the view

SO much snow!!

This summer I decided to ditch lifeguarding and found an internship at a local wealth management firm where I've been learning about investing, struggling to use excel, and trying to figure out how the market works (which turns out to be quite difficult). While I do love my desk job, I've also been helping my parents at catering events because who doesn't love good food with a view! 


Yum!

On a more fun note, we recently celebrated a very important holiday--the Fourth of July. Idahoans love a good excuse to throw on a cowboy hat and saddle up at the local Days of the Old West rodeo. Fellow Boston natives Sofia and Clara, and good friends of Fran, were in for a ride as they experienced a 4th unlike any other. 

Yeehaw

A warm welcome to the wild west


When I'm not out and about, I've been spending quality time relaxing at home with a good book or binge watching terrible reality shows on Netflix. While I'm loving my western summer, I can't wait to head out east and see my fellow ephs this fall. 

Till next time! 

-Luci


 

No comments:

Post a Comment