Search Blog Posts

Friday, August 4, 2023

a little here and a little there!

Howdy ho! Hello my dear ephs, 

Reporting live from the passenger seat on a cross-country mission, this cow has been on the moo-ve since we’ve parted ways in May. 

I’ve done some dabbling around New England, some lemon-harvesting and playing in the waves in Carpenteria CA, then visiting some buds in Juneau AK. Here are some highlights:
Loading up on some home-grown lemons in California. 
A sea-kayaking picnic. More daylight = more time for activities!
 
A jump for joy on Juneau ridge/being blown off by wind gusts...either way, a good shot.




 The past month I settled down in the great metropolis of Burlington and spent the month living easy in the greenery of VT. My weeks consisted of working in the agroforestry office for a few hours here and there, exploring new running and rollerskiing routes, quality time with Keelan in our lovely house, visits with other carnival circuit pals, and (obviously) frequent stops for ice cream — which has unveiled to me a great rainbow vs. chocolate sprinkle divide (feel free to reach out with your thoughts on that).



Some rock trolls I came across. Stinky, but fun! They responded positively to sour gummy worms. 
  

An exploratory voyage at Bolton Valley Ski Area. Not pictured is the trail, because I don't think the one I was looking for exists. Good place for a nap in the ferns though ;) 



Apart from my brief appearances in the office, I’ve really been putting the ‘remote’ in remote work. Through my masterful logistics of travel and adventures, I’ve had the pleasure of working for the National Agroforesty Center doing some editing work on one of their current projects. To my absolute delight, I've been conducting some thorough research on peach trees and their potential contributions in agroforestry practices in the US. I won’t dive into the specifics of the trees, but rest assured, peaches will always have a special place in our economy (and more importantly, in my heart). 


Which brings me back to my current office view: unrelenting rows of corn on corn — there are many scents and scenes yet to be discovered as we traverse the midwest towards the highlands of home! My sister and I are keeping one another entertained amid the excitement of the landscape. 

I am psyched to spend some time at home after a while away and get on some good adventures. The best added bonus is that we will roll in just in time for Colorado peach season before I  head down to Chile for the semester. 

Here are the cliff notes for those who don’t like reading (I get it): moving (+shaking and grooving), running, sweating, peaches. 

 Very excited to see you all on skis! 

Joyfully, 
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment