Search Blog Posts

Friday, August 23, 2019

Summer in BTV

Hi everyone! I have had a crazy busy summer working, training, and traveling. I was pretty hyped to be in Burlington (the best city, and maybe perhaps the only city shhh) and in Vermont (the best state, duh). I had some good times with my sister Quincy and had a lot of fun training with MNC and my fellow pugs.

For the first part of the summer I worked on a poster presenting some of the lab research I was helping with on river water quality in Cuba. I got to present my poster in Montreal which was a nerve-wracking yet fun experience. Later in the month I traveled to Cuba to get more data!

After I finished working as a lifeguard at a Parks and Rec summer camp, my family traveled to Italy and Spain. We saw tons of Greek and Roman ruins and ate many a meal of delicious pasta. Quincy and I hiked some epic routes, including up the two volcanoes Mt. Etna and Mt. Vesuvius.

I am so excited to get back on campus and I can't wait to train with y'all. See you soon!


The Crunch Gang and myself take on Mt. Mansfield
I got to present some of the Cuban water quality research in a conference in Montreal! 
View of some tower carst in Cuba! learning some ~geology~ terms. So beautiful. 


Biking to the Causeway, an old railroad track converted to a bikepath that crosses Lake Champlain!


Skiing in the App Gap with my Williams "uniform"


Found a purple Milka cow in the Munich airport! 

Some dope greek ruins in Italy


Hiking Mt. Etna (an active volcano! scary) which was a large grind. I felt like we were hiking on the moon! 

Intact Roman mosaics depicting the original female pentathletes. They were nicknamed the "Bikini Girls" but they are actually dressed in sports attire and doing some track stuff which is dope. 


Lil Q and my hydration vest, which I wore touristing. Would recommend, honestly quite handy to have water all the time 


Found a bike park near the medieval mountain town of Erice!


some views of the Med


Clearly about to run in the Barcelona '92 Olympics on the Olympic track... too bad we couldn't actually run on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment