Search Blog Posts

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Happy Days!


Hello all! I am reporting from a small house in Howmans Gap Alpine Center, Victoria Australia where people say “rubbish” instead of “trash”. CRAZY isn’t it. I just got here two days ago and am stationed here until mid-August as a ski instructor. “Skiing in Australia??”, you may say. And I say, “see photo below, Madame”.

(I don't have wifi here so I am using a personal hotspot to post this... Data barely works either so you're going to have to take my word that there is snow here and that it is beautiful. I'm Alaskan so I know what beautiful is)

Let’s back up a bit. After school ended in May, I headed home to Alaska for a month. While home I adventured and felt like a total tourist in my own state. College will do that to you I guess. 

After I got my fix of mountains and family (just kidding I could never get enough of those two things), I got on a plane and spent two days traveling to Melbourne, Australia! There, I spent 24 hours in the city and by the ocean (we saw a jellyfish!!) with a friend.

After getting my city dose I got on the Falls Creek Motor coach and headed up to the mountains. 

Now that I am up here at 1,238 meters and it is snowing I start ski instructing tomorrow! I love it here. I am living in a house with someone from France, Germany, Sweden and many people from all around Australia. It is true what everyone says about Australians… I have yet to meet someone here who I don’t think I would be best friends with. Honestly, it is a little unsettling how kind and outgoing everyone is but I think I’ll get used to it. A pleasant surprise.

Ta Ta for now!
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment