Search Blog Posts

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Living the #funemployed life

Hey everyone, Jack here.
Like most responsible students, as I approached my last summer as a college student I decided I needed a job and applied to some places. Turns out that the universe didn't want me to get the internship I was counting on, so I'm living the funemployed life this summer. I started that adventure off by heading to a glacier to ice/rock climb and summit some big peaks before really kicking training into gear.
A rope team returning to base camp

sunset on Denali around 2am

The little dots below are Denali basecamp, where we based out of for a few days


I returned from my glacier excursion incredibly burnt and tired, shed my skin like a molting lizard for a few days, and then got back to my regularly schedule: eating, sleeping, and tanning. This summer has been a shockingly sunny and warm one where I live, at the time of writing this I think it's been 3 or 4 weeks since it's rained. Consequently, we have some gnarly wildfires going on right now and sometimes the smoke is so bad that we can't go out and train. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but we're hoping for some rain.
Anyways, I'm stoked for my final season of skiing for Williams, and from what I've been hearing it sounds like it might just be our best season yet. 

Rock that cow son. 

-JC

No comments:

Post a Comment