Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Moving Onwards

By now many people may have heard the news, but I regret to inform everyone that I will not be returning in the fall as an Eph.  I have accepted a position to be the head coach at the University of Wisconsin Green Bay nordic team.  It was not an easy decision to make to leave the team, but it allowed both Kayla and I to move closer to home which is hugely important to both of us.  In addition, I will be able to my own stamp on a program which will be very exciting.

I wanted my last deed at Williams to be a blog post with a big photo dump of my adventure down under this summer, as well as some of my favorite moments from the previous season.

Early season practice in at Perisher.  Skiing on the road!
End of the road, looking out onto the main range!
We have had a lot of snow this season.  That post is normally 6-7 feet tall.
Again, a lot of snow.  This is the entrance to the ski storage locker.  You usually need to walk  through this corridor to get there, army crawl at this point.

Super proud of two of my athletes.  1st and 2nd place as a U18 and a U16 at the Australian Championships in the skate sprint!
While I love the wax truck, being outside has its perks sometimes!
One last group picture with some of the girls I have worked with.  Some tears may have been shed.
The boys also wanted a picture with me.
Going back through the last year now.  Beginning of a series of "painful" pictures.
Bounding at Prospect visualizing the classic race that never happened.
Jay getting after it on some big intervals at Jiminy Peak.
Will anyone ever forget that race suit???
"I see you." Thanksgiving dinner at Craftsbury, doggo wants some food.
Good looking group of cows.  Too bad Nick never made the photo.
"Hurry up and take the picture.  It's cold!"
Helping Franklin and his Tinder profile.
One of the many fine skis to be had with the team at Prospect!
Future Ephs in the making!
One of the best skis of the year...day after the washout at the Williams Carnival!
My side of the wax truck was never all that healthy...
Last race in the books, happy group of ladies!
"We don't need a wax bench!" Instant regret one minute later with a broken tail.
Unplanned break during one of the many long skis in Sjusjoen.
Huge flock of cows, both young and old alike!
On top of the world after a huge ski with the ladies!
Bonk city, end of the 100km ski.
Thank you to both Jason and the team for welcoming me into the family for a year. I will never forget it, and will always strive to create the special place that Jason has made at Williams.  Rock the Cow!

1 comment:

  1. If you set out to make me think today; mission accomplished! I really like your writing style and how you express your ideas. Thank you. local studio city movers

    ReplyDelete