Search Blog Posts

Friday, August 17, 2018

3000 Meters of Collusion

The Russian national team was in Lillehammer for a training camp this past week and hosted an open 3k for everyone on the final day. In an attempt to better understand the behavior of our current president I decided to cooperate with the Russians and see how I might benefit. Unlike Michael Cohen, however, I was unable to record any of my conversations, and so a few photos will have to do.

At first I was the sole American present and began to worry about my chances against such a large number of Russians. Fortunately despite the best efforts of the Trump administration NATO still does exist and, with a quick invocation of Article 5, I was joined by several Norwegians and Canadians. It was quite an experience to be on the start line and hear all the pre-race chirping in Russian. 

(several familiar names)

All joking aside the Russian coach and athletes were all very welcoming. It was fun to get the opportunity to toe the line next to some world class competitors even if it was just for a time trial. This is my last week in Norway after a long summer and looking forward to one last year in the Purple Valley!


No comments:

Post a Comment