Search Blog Posts

Friday, July 20, 2018

Winter in Summer


Greetings from the land of Kiwis, jandals, and instant coffee! This summer I'm spending 9 weeks in New Zealand making a podcast about beautiful Lake Wanaka and of course, shredding some serious gnar up at the Snow Farm. I left on June 15, arrived in Dunedin (a city on the coast of the South Island) on June 17, and then spent 4 weeks there working with some people at the University of Otago. I'm now living in Wanaka (a gorgeous mountain town) for 4 weeks to do interviews and put the podcast together.

View of Dunedin
My first ever penguin sighting (the little lump that's not a rock)
Dunedin at night (ie 5:00pm)

Sunset at Oamaru
Wading into the world of zoology with my officemate Lena

The Moeraki Boulders ft. Pauline, the frenchwoman who gave me a ride back to Dunedin
Merp. Guess the rollerski is over. NZ drivers typically won't stop for anything other than cars and sheep on the roads. 

The Otago Peninsula

Chur yeah!

Candid of Mattie Watts, fellow midder who made the journey east to ski in the EISA (with UVM) and is now working at the Snow Farm for the season and is my new roommate (but we don't live in that hut)
View from the backyard of where Mattie and I live (spot Lake Wanaka hanging out back there)
yeehaw!

Here's a stream of selfies with a dancing sheep cause the only company on my workouts is generally sheep:


No comments:

Post a Comment