Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Training in Boulder

After seeing Dylan's inspiring video of such a revolutionary cross training technique, I had to try it out for myself. Unfortunately, there are no large lakes nearby, so I achieved at best mixed results.



For some reason this makes me think back to last fall, but I can't remember why...
Further analysis indicates that this particular exercise, although extremely beneficial training, is best done only if a soft landing is available. The positive aspects of the brief sensation of flying may be outweighed by the negative aspects of the post-workout recovery. I will attempt further research and report back.

In other news, it turns out that I am a horrible photographer. Here are ALL of the photos I have taken this summer:

I've been enjoying some great, mostly solo, runs in the mountains (the real mountains):

If you look way down past the bottom of the canyon, you can almost see my house.
 Some runs are a little more adventurous than others:

13,300' - just before we were chased off the Continental Divide by marble-sized hail (Sadly my phone died and I didn't get any more pictures after this).

A tired picture at the trailhead after my phone warmed up a bit.

 Lastly, I was walking around Chicago on Saturday, and saw this:



Miss you all

Emil

No comments:

Post a Comment