Search Blog Posts

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Swiss summer, with a bit of Sweden mixed in too

After getting back from my roughly 2,000km cycling trip from Zurich to Stockholm (where I discovered, above all, that my bike seat is REALLY hard), I've been thoroughly enjoying my summer back home in Switzerland - it's so good to be in the mountains again! I'm not sure it's good for training, because I can't help stopping during my runs to enjoy the view properly, but the upshot is that I have lots of photos to share. Here's a small selection from the bike trip:
My friend Sophia and I being tourists in Copenhagen, right before two stern Danish soldiers ordered us off the grass

Our bikes enjoying the sunset over the Stockholm skyline

A long, cold (but not at all dark) night in the woods near Stockholm, complete with bike locks holding the hammock up due to a lack of hammock straps

And some more photos from my adventures at home:
There turned out to be a lot more snow than I expected!

One of the Jöri Lakes near Davos

It's hard to get lost, even if you're distracted by all the pretty views


Made a few cow friends on my mountain run this morning

Another cow friend
I had a good laugh at this as I was rollerskiing by - an unfortunate signpost if you happen to speak English

I hope everyone is having a great summer and getting some good adventures in!

No comments:

Post a Comment