Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Summer in Williamstown

Greetings from Williamstown!  I am spending my summer in the Berkshires doing ecology research with Professor Morales.  This means that I spend time outside counting treehoppers in Hopkins Forest.  I am also helping Perry coach Berkshire Nordic Ski Club.

Driving the Gator in Hopkins Forest

Knee or chest deep in weeds!  I'm trying to avoid tics but this has proved difficult.

Last weekend, Hannah Cole and I went to visit Benson up at Lakes of the Clouds.  It was sweet, highly recommend!!

We saw a moose on our way up.  Now, Hannah Cole and I have seen the same two moose in our lives.

Off to a late start at the trailhead

Headlamp selfie!

Finally, our arrival at the hut after a quick dip at the Lake over 5,000 ft

We trekked to the top of Mt. Washington to watch and help Hannah pack the gear down.  She is ripped, as we know, carrying 70lbs!!

 Our hike down to the hut
Day two we hiked down the ridge to Mitzpah and into the valley

The Hannahs on top of Mt. Eisenhower.

Our wonderful guide taught us all about the White Mountains.  Here is the ridge we hiked earlier that day.

Sunset at Lakes of the Clouds

After our hike, Hannah and I visited my grandparents at Lake George.

Update on the tiny sweater that I knit this winter:  My grandmother decided she had to rip it out so we could fix it.  It's unclear whether I will have to redo the whole project.  It was very emotional but hopefully it will eventually fit.

A storm rolling in from Vermont.  

A big welcome to our new assistant coach!  I can't wait to train with my teammates and coaches in Williamstown and hopefully in less humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment