Search Blog Posts

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Hello all!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer. I am enjoying being here in St. Paul, Minnesota. I got to start my summer with a nice little drive back to Minnesota with our friend Nick (see photos below). Once I got home I joined a group of college skier women who are all back for the summer, one of these people is Ingrid! (see photo below) I've been enjoying getting to see Ingrid everyday, and having the opportunity to train with a great group of women. It's been also nice to get to spend some quality time with my family.

For my work at the Conflict Resolution Center I went through a certified mediation training last week, and learned some really cool skills for conflict solving, and listening to people. I am learning a lot at work about restorative justice and mediation. Right now I am working on a project in collaboration with a lot of other organizations with the goal of keeping people housed in Minneapolis and using mediation as a tool to accomplish that through pre-eviction mediation.

Nick was feeling sleepy after a late arrival to the campsite so I went and skipped some rocks on Lake Erie alone.
Just walking in some sand dunes in Indiana.

And we made it back to Minnesota!
Before my friend Ingrid came back to ski with me, I found another training partner following me on my cool down.
Loving getting to hang out with Ingrid! Here we are feeling happy at the gas station.
Last week we did some running speeds. It's pretty sweet to have Minneapolis in the background and be able to be getting on some great trails!

Hoping everyone is enjoying some summer activities, some relaxing, and some nice summer sunsets.

Love,

Elowyn

No comments:

Post a Comment