Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Grandma's Marathon


On June 17th I ran Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota.

Here I am before the race with a parent from my high school track team, Pete, who also ran.


Here I am mid race. I ran a screamin' fast first 22 miles at 2:42 pace feeling great, but the last 4 were unimaginably slow. Perhaps I flew too close to the sun, or at least some part of my preparation or nutrition was insufficient because at mile 22, I slowed to an 8:30 mile, then a 9:00, then two 10:00 miles to finish the race hobbling/shuffling to the finish. Even though I packed it in in a big way I still managed to run a 2:55:51, which is nothing to shake a stick at.


As long as a racer finished they got a complimentary beverage, which was not a bad way to finish the race. Here I am at the finish replenishing my electrolytes.


Here I am taking some five minutes to get down stairs to lake superior for a post race ice bath. It's three days later today and my legs still don't quite work normally.


Now it's off the feet and back to the wheels to put in big volume for this next winter, slated to be yet another historic season.

Rock the cow!
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment