Search Blog Posts

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Spring Semester

Given that we started the academic semester this past Wednesday, I thought I'd query the team on the class they are most excited for this spring. Here's what we have in store!
"I love the Trapps course because I love the uphill finish."
          - Sarah Becker '18

To be fair, I asked for one's favorite course... and mid ski season, what else can you expect?

"I'm looking forward to my GEOS class about Geographic Information Systems because somebody in addition to Carr needs to know some geography to keep the van trivia interesting."
          - Ingrid Thyr '20

"Water as a Scarce Resource Tutorial - I have been wanting to take this since my freshman year. I see water as a keystone of environmental and social justice issues, I hope this class will get to the heart of the issues I care about most."
          - Jordan Fields '17

"I'm looking forward to Intro to the Novel with Peter Murphy. One, he's a boss. Two, the reading represents a fairly atypical cross-section of famous works."
          - Braden Becker '19

"I'd say I'm most looking forward to the GEOS Geographical Information Systems (GIS) class I'm taking. It's pretty much a map-making class and I've been obsessed with maps my whole life so I've had my eye on taking this class since I was a pre-frosh."
         - Evan Carr '19

Tough luck, Ingrid. 

"Racial Capitalism, my senior seminar for American Studies!"
          - Elowyn Pfeiffer '18

"I'm looking forward to my biology tutorial, Infectious Diseases. I have never taken a tutorial before and I am nervous but up for the challenge. We will be studying an interesting new subject matter through journal articles and papers."
          - Sonya Jampel '19

"I'm looking forward to The Book of Job and Joban Literature because I get to take it with Hannah Cole."
          - Eli Hoenig '17

Also excited to take it with you, Eli!

"I'm excited for my introductory geos class, An Unfinished Planet, because we get to learn about rocks!"
          - Ivy Speigel-Ostrom '20

"I'm looking forward to my first tutorial!"
          - Jack Schrupp '18

Which could be any of these courses

As for me, I'm looking forward to Medicine, Technology and Modern Power. The course is supposed to challenge one's predisposed ideas about medical institutions and critically examine the role of power that medical institutions take in modern society. 

Wish us luck as we take on the classroom and the race course! 

- Hannah



No comments:

Post a Comment