Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Bendventures with Sonya!!

Hi friends!

First off, don't worry, Alaska is still absolutely stunning and will always have my heart.

Hiking with dad <3

However, while I was home (in Anchorage) briefly, I made my way back to Bend (which is awesome in its own regard, of course) soon enough and was lucky enough to get a ride back to the farm house with the one and only Sonya Jampel. We then spent a beautiful few days together, as documented below.

Taking a quick break from cliff jumping.

Meeting some really friendly locals.

Casual afternoon caving sesh.

Eloquent public speaker/famous champion of human rights and also Mr. Trump.

As you might have guessed, we also did a fair bit of training, along with Carmen and Sarah and a bunch of other Bendites. It's been super awesome to practice with Williams teammates alongside many other collegiate and elite athletes from all over the country. One of our coaches out here, Bernie Nelson, has reminded us again and again how great it is that so many of the Williams girls were able to get together and train over the summer and urged us to continue to work together throughout the entire season.

I can't tell you how stoked I am to do just that. The energy, enthusiasm, and support this team has shown has absolutely been the best part of my college career so far, and having a bit of that over the summer is going to give the Williams women that much more of an edge, I just know it.

Thanks for reading, everybody, and I'll see you on campus in just a few short weeks! :)

Xoxo,
Tsaina



No comments:

Post a Comment