Search Blog Posts

Monday, June 27, 2016

Love from Oregon

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is having summers filled with adventure and laughter and sun and stars. I am in Bend Oregon with Sarah, Tsaina, Carmen, Jordan and some other ski homies not from Williams. I have been having lots of new experiences and adventures which have been pretty cool such as stacking hay, mountain biking, skiing on a track, skiing down a mountain and biking down a mountain.

Last Sunday some of us went up and hiked up a mountain called Broken Top. It was one of my first times hiking up a snowy mountain. Look below for some pics:
Here is a view of some sisters (Three Sisters actually) from Broken Top


 We only had to pull out the map once (shortly after I started leading us).

 Despite the snow it was pretty warm with the sun out, and some of us may have gone a little aggressive on the layering.

 We also spotted a sun dog hanging out over the mountain.

The crew treks up through some snow. We had a great time sliding down it on the way back.


Luckily Becker was able to stay very hydrated all the way back to the parking lot.

When I am not skiing or running or hiking or biking I spend most my time in the public library reading about tribal recognition. Or sitting under trees reading about tribal recognition. Or sitting by the side of the road reading about tribal recognition.

Wishing the best to everyone wherever you might be!

Much love,

Elowyn

No comments:

Post a Comment