Search Blog Posts

Monday, June 13, 2016

Howdy

Greetings to all my fellow Nordic Ephs and our wonderful fan base! I hope this post finds all of you enjoying summer so far with all your various adventures.

I personally stayed on campus after finals to get started with my senior thesis research in biology for a couple weeks. That was sweet because I got to hang out with the dearly beloved Eliza, Josh, Olivia, and Laura before they unmatriculated up and away from Williams, never to be heard from again. Except for, not really, since they all promised to come visit next year!  Yay :)

Other than that, though, thesis research was sweet if not rather uneventful.  The high light was probably this adorable baby deer I saw out in the field. Accidentally woke the poor little guy up when he was about 5 feet away from me, but he was still pretty friendly, regardless.

Sassy lil fellow, huh?

After playing with baby deers and getting a little thesis work done I headed directly out to Bend! Elowyn and I both got in last Wednesday to meet (Sarah) Becker who had gotten in the night before and our new housemates Alayna Sonneyson, Marion Woods, and Iris Pessey (all from UVM.) We're living in a farm house, just outside of the city, so we share the property with a few other people, dogs, cats, chickens that roam free, cows, horses, and one sheep (named Reba). Needless to say, it is a killer squad. 

A good portion of the humans on the farm are training with the Bend Endurance Academy, which so far has been a fantastic opportunity to explore Bend and get some excellent training in. Here's a bit of photographic evidence, in case you were skeptical.

Here we have the current Williams/Bend girls ready to slay our first BEA practice.

We skied up Mt. Bachelor and got some much needed downhill practice as well. Limited falls and we only got lost once!!

Unfortunately training doesn't quite pay all the bills. This is Becker and I deep into the job-search, apres-ski. (PC: Elowyn)

It's going to be a great summer, I can feel it.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!
Xoxo,
Tsaina






No comments:

Post a Comment