Search Blog Posts

Monday, July 26, 2010

Williams in Boston

Hello from Coach Smith!
I am in Boston for the month of July while working on a Masters degree through Cambridge College. This weekend I was fortunate enough to get to see Williams skiers Alex Taylor ('10) and Mark Johnson ('11).
Atay is working at a hospital and coordinating studies, which sounded really neat and he said he was enjoying the work.
Mojo was visiting for a day or two.
The boys had gone for a long road bike around Boston all of Saturday afternoon. Meanwhile, I had done a grueling 4 hours of laying on a towel at the beach. :)
We met up later on that evening: I am still gimpy from ACL surgery, but the boys had fun pushing me around in my wheelchair as we toured Fenway park and the night sights around the block.

Atay gives me a push around the block

Mark and I near the House of Blues, near Fenway Park

Being handicapped is a real eye-opener. It not only makes me appreciate my usual mobility even more, but I can now empathize with others who have life-long disabilities and have to deal, day-to-day basis, with the limiting factors and inaccessible structures of society.

Back to School: Geometry class has been my fave!! My marshmallow tower failed, but I still got an "A" for Effort. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment