Search Blog Posts

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Williamstown Summer


Williamstown is bumpin'!  It's sunny and warm every day, which makes for great training and great swimming.  We've had some great days in the past few weeks... Liz, Katie, and I did an epic rollerski on Rte. 43 on a perfect summer evening, and we ran on the Taconic Crest once, which was wicked nice too.  I unfortunately ran into a rough patch this Sunday.  We were scaling a cliff in a riverbed on Mt. Greylock, and I cut my knee on the rock.  I thought it was just going to be a scratch, but I looked down and could see my kneecap, which was thrilling.  I still had to finish climbing up the cliff, then Katie demonstrated the strength of her first aid kit by whipping out not one, not two, but three bandaids.  They were the perfect size for a small paper cut on a pinky, and did a great job of stemming the flow of blood from my cut.  I eventually tied my bandana around my knee and we climbed down.  To her credit, Katie was very supportive and helpful.  

Long story (somewhat) short, I ended up with ten stitches and a doctor's order not to bend my leg for ten days.  No swimming, either, which is nice.  I am psyched to train as soon as I can, and am doing some great core and upper body work.  I've decided to challenge Maddy to a crunch test when we return.

After a few day's healing, the cut has become noticeably better and doesn't hurt any more, so I'm optimistic about my recovery.

I included a picture of when Keith and I also met up in the MWV for Memorial Day and hiked up Adams and Madison with my dad.  It was cold at the top!

Evan


No comments:

Post a Comment