Search Blog Posts

Sunday, September 2, 2018

650 meters of Norwegian Chaos

Jack here with another life update:
After 26 hours of flights and airport hell, I finally arrived in Trondheim, but after the last bus to the city and without any of my bags. Luckily I was wearing some stylish Lululemon© pants that kept me comfortable for the next 3 days. The first two weeks I was here there was not a single day that it didn't rain, which was fun but also not because I forgot my rain jacket back in the good ol' USofA.
Here are some photos of me:


Of course, while abroad I would never let my studies slide so I am constantly doing homework and math problems and reading dictionaries and other intelligent things. However, I finished The Merriam-Webster Dictionary (2016 version) so I decided to take a few days off and frolic in the mountains with some friends. Here are some photos of that:
















 And finally, I'm sure all of you are wondering what the title is about. At about 1am, I found out that there was a rollerski race in the center of campus the next day. So naturally, I had to sign up to get wrecked (or wreck) some Norwegians. When I showed up, I realized that even though it was a college race, Klaebo had raced in it a few years ago and some real fast guys show up every year for the prize money. Whatever, I can take em. After a tough prologue qualifier, I ended up in a fast quarterfinal and one spot away from lucky loser. As a certain president I've been reminded all too much of here says, "SAD!" Regardless, I went home with a pair of Hokas from a raffle drawing so I couldn't really complain.
This is also a picture. You might think that the sign says "JÅM" but really it says MÅL which means FINISH in Norwegian

Still working on getting people to call me Alaska Jack here, but it's definitely starting to catch on.
Cheers from Scandinavia
Connie


No comments:

Post a Comment