Search Blog Posts

Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 8: Happy Easter!!



Well, I took my own tour today up to the two high points of the Birkebeiner race trail, Royfjellet and Midfjellet, and everyone else scattered in different directions. But I think I can speak for all in saying that it was a PERFECT day for skiing: blue skies, only one wisp of a cloud, very little wind, bomb-proof tracks stretching for as far as the eye could see!!
The morning started with some traditional norwegian sweet pretzels (Barb Kourajian had sent me over with the recipe) , continued with church for some and skiing for everyone, and ended in smiles and sunburns all around. :)
As an older Norwegian man related to me today, after I told him that I thought that this area was a nordic skier's paradise - if you were a Norwegian and not on skis on this day, you must be sick in either the stomach - or, he said with a wink, pointing to the spot right above the swix logo on his hat - in the head . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment