Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 10


Markie-Mark Johnson left us today - he is off to compete in and experience totally the madness of the high level competition of World-Class Biathlon. Here is his update:

Hey everyone,

I made it up to Stryn yesterday just fine. It took a 80 dollar bus ticket and six hours of traveling, but boy was it worth it! The views on the ride here were incredible, due to the high mountain passes that the bus route took. Up on the passes there was nothing but ~2 meters of snow as far as the eye could see. As the bus descended steeply into Stryn, I got to thinking... I hope I make it out of here next weekend. This town definitely has a different feel than Lillehammer... no more resort feel. The town is surrounded by high rugged mountains (hopefully I can send some pics soon).

This morning I got up to the venue, which by the way, is fantastic! Probably one of the most scenic places I've been. The trails here will be challenging to say the least. I think there is something like 43 meters of climbing for each loop. So if I have to do 5 loops... oh man, I don't even want to think about it ;-) Tomorrows race is the individual format with 20km and 4 shooting stages. It starts at at 1pm. I'll keep ya'll posted on how things are going...

No comments:

Post a Comment