Search Blog Posts

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Norwegian Mountain Day

Here's an amazing coincidence:
The university I'm at in Norway ALSO celebrates Mountain Day on a random friday in October, and it also happened to be on the first friday of October. However, for some reason they only let people from Alaska who are also named Jack participate.
So in keeping with the team tradition, I embarked on an adventure run with the intent on showing the current team members that Norway hasn't made me too soft just yet. However, I have a very localized knowledge of the trails here so after an hour and a half I was completely lost. I ran into a preschool and asked a very scared-looking norwegian parent if there were any trails around. He just shook his head and gesticulated wildly in the direction I came from. I decided then that I was going to have to find trails on my own.
For the next 2 hours I ran on roads, mining trails, and sheep paths. I had a very nice FaceTime chat with Nick Gardner and the mens team at the beginning of their run, in which I informed them that I would in fact run further and longer than they possibly could. I then proceeded to do just that.
30 miles in 5:45 folks. A new mountain day record has been set. The bar has been raised. Aka get yo numbers up, softies.
Also here are some pictures:








Jack OUT.

1 comment: