Search Blog Posts

Sunday, December 10, 2017

How much longer can I put off this paper: a photojournal

It has been an event filled couple of days. I'm afraid I've been having too much fun for the amount of work I have, but so it goes. As soon as I finish writing this blog post I should probably start engaging in the serious business of final papers. To be fair, it's a little bit hard to concentrate with all the new snow (!!) on  the ground that I just want to go and play in so so badly. Soon, though. Soon it will all be over and I will be home with my dog in front of a wood stove reading books that I will never have to write a paper on.

What has been going on with the ski team you may ask? Time trials, Evan Carr's return from Namibia, and the first snow have all come and gone. Unfortunately my phone has been out of storage and unable to take any photos for about a month, so the photo documentation is woefully lacking. However, Ingrid is a goddess and lent me her phone to take some photos of our annual Yankee Gift Swap (White Elephant to those unfamiliar with nonsensical East Coast lingo) last night. I think I captured some great moments, so I'll let the images do the talking.

Franklin apparently does not respond well when people say "smile"

Best sweater award goes to Ingrid. Maggie wins best combination of velvet and stripes

Best wrapping job goes to Henry for his creative, yet understated, plastic ziploc bag

Lucy teaching the younger generation a thing or two about the Ukulele Arts

D-man showing the frosh who's boss

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!


I see you over there
A little mistletoe can go a long way


Red velvet crew. Making Sonya proud. 

Thank you to the Lemioux family for generously hosting another year of festivities!!
Gift swap was good to Andy

Connie seems to have fallen for the classic "bridge that looks like a bridge but isn't actually a bridge" ruse on our romp around the golf course this morning. 
There are only about 20 pages of writing between me and the beautiful ski trails of home, so I should probably start chugging along. Thanks blog-world for indulging me. I hope everyone's holiday's are full of joy and glorious, fluffy snow!

Love,
Ivy


No comments:

Post a Comment