Search Blog Posts

Friday, December 2, 2016

Feelin' Super Lucky (And shoutout to HC!!!)

Hi Williams Ski World!


Last week I got to experience my first week training with the ski team. With a little help from the Prospect Miracle, I was able to go from running in the nationals throw-down in Louisville, Kentucky, to skiing in a winter wonderland just a mere four days later.


Nationals pre-race dramatic picture taking sesh 
BEHOLD






















Although this transition from running to skiing definitely has it's challenges, I feel so incredibly lucky to have such a supportive, kind, and hilarious group of teammates and coaches to spend these November/December weeks with. Several times this week I was reminded of how truly special this team is, from the constant words of encouragement I heard from teammates on the ski trails, to every time I saw Jack in his sleeping sack.

Whatta smile

I think that's Lucy speeding by




Ladies getting ready to crush classic speeds
I first got a sense of how amazing this team was this summer, when I got to spend time in Bend with Tsaina, Sarah, Elowyn, Sonya, and Ivy. Now that ski season is finally here, I'm so excited to get to know everyone else and experience the team in full-force. 









Something that really meant a lot to me this week was when Hannah Cole took time out of her own strength workout to patiently go through the exercises with me (Eli also was really helpful).  This act of kindness made me realize how lucky I am to be on this team. That day, I also learned "ALL SIX" ways of the monster series, and that a Reverse rollout is no joking matter. Although for now we are back to some dryland conditions, the spirit of the team has kept the hype strong.

A lil summer throwback to a hike up South Sister
Ze View




















So, I know these last two weeks of finals are going to be a grind, and getting the ski legs back on can be a little rough, but being on a team with wonderful, weird, and badass skiers is going to keep me going. (Also a little more Prospect magic would be sick.)

-Carmen :)




No comments:

Post a Comment