Search Blog Posts

Monday, October 10, 2016

Trees!

Hello all! It is very exciting to be finally contributing to the legendary blog. It's been a grand first month and a half here at Williams. I hail from Washington State, and I am slowly adjusting to the humidity, the shocking lack of Starbucks, and the general autumn grandeur. Mountain day has come and went (I'm sure there will be much more on that in a later blog posts), and the trees are becoming truly magnificent. I've spent the last few days in a constant state of awe. Unfortunately I am not a prolific photographer, but here are some snapshot from the single workout I remembered to bring my phone on.

We froshies know to always wear helmets in moving vehicles

Double poling up Petersburg pass! So fun!

That neon autumn aesthetic 

Benson making good use of the time spent waiting for the slow people (me) to make it to the top

We love fall!!!
And now in the lastest edition of our freshman featurette I interviewed the one and only Carmen Bango.


Hometown:
Woodstock, Vermont

Cool fact about hometown:
It also happens to be the hometown of legend Jfields 

Spirit Vegetable (like a spirit animal, but a vegetable):
Kale

Favorite place to run:
Any deserted beach while the sun is setting or mountain ridge while the sun is rising

Favorite Starbucks order:
Large Chai latte with extra whipped cream 

Worst race experience: 
Causing the notorious Mid eastern cup pileup last year.

Ultimate pre-race song:
Come on Eileen

Favorite coast (there is only one right answer):
After spending this summer in Bend, I'm pretty obsessed with the west coast now (Ivy did not bribe me to say this)

If you could only eat of type of food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Mangos

Most inflexible muscle group:
I don't know I'm pretty flexible
         *editor's note: this is 100% true. Carmen is disgustingly flexible. 


Favorite Ben Husaby quote:
"If you think, you're dead." and "GO TEAM ROJO!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment