Search Blog Posts

Monday, October 17, 2016

A Day in the Life: A Photo Diary


6:00 am. Wake up and enjoy how quiet campus is while walking to lift. 

7:30 am. Choose from one of five boxes of the same kind of Kashi cereal for breakfast. Turns out Hannah Cole and I like the same cereal so we stocked up thanks to handy-dandy Stop and Shop discounts.
9:00 am. Walk to class or the library. Campus is boasting the full array of autumn colors right now!
The library. A Williams student's home away from home. I will avoid putting the number of hours I spend there but at least my carrel has a nice view!
Inevitably I spend a large amount of time watching the local Williamstown wildlife while in the library. The spider in this photo lives on the window of my carrel and I watch him eat bugs and spin his web. I also spent a lot of energy trying to get a picture where it looks like he is on top of Pine Cobble. I would say I was successful. There are also many bunnies that live near the library and I saw one last night. They are very cute and I was happy to find out that Lucy loves bunnies just as much as I do!

1:45 pm. On Tuesday's, Perry will sometimes get me coffee from the mythical coffee machine that I finally caught a glimpse of for the first time this year. Despite all appearances, Perry is in fact allowed to be in this room and normally does not look this sketchy. As for the coffee, I would say it (mostly) lives up to its reputation.
4:00 pm. Practice! Tsaina has recently been trying out new water bottle belt carrying techniques on our runs. Her alternative style has not yet caught on, but who's to stay that it won't take the EISA by storm this winter?
7:00 pm. Head back to campus for dinner! Sonya is very excited and hungry for dinner most nights, while Dylan appears to be slightly less stoked about the promise of Driscoll's finest cuisine.

7:01 pm. Hydrate with sports drink. Note the time frame on this... you can't wait too long, 'cause then you won't replenish your glycogen stores and maintain your energy! Ingrid was very excited about finding the jackpot of sports drink at a gas station in Wilmington VT.

7:30 pm. Dinner! Though this is not the hallowed halls of Driscoll, this was the scene of a wonderful and nutritious meal prepared by the women's team before the Purple Valley cross-country race. Roasted veggies, pumpkin muffins, salmon and a surprise appearance by Perry... what more could you ask for?









No comments:

Post a Comment