Search Blog Posts

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Summer Begins!

Now that finals are over, 3000 meter tests have been run, and most people have left the Purple Valley, its time for the first official blog post of summer! We nordic Ephs are scattered across the globe for the next three months, though I have decided to stay close to home this year working in the Appalachian Mountain Club's backcountry huts.

The past week has been spent in some pretty intensive hut training, learning about everything from how to treat tick bites (don't get bitten by a tick) to how to correctly emulsify vinegar and oil to make the perfect salad dressing (add oil slowly). I've also been able to take some quick jaunts around the mountains and am looking forward to many more once I have gotten to my hut and we open for the season!

Yesterday I hiked up to the hut with my family to drop off all of my stuff for the summer

A pretty darn beautiful commute

I was able to spend some time at my grandparents house visiting with them and looking out over the mountains where I'll be living!

Not a bad place to call home

Vanya and Emma made an appearance at my house over Memorial Day weekend to take advantage of the nice weather and great hiking. Happy Birthday Vanya!

Though it seems like I just got home, I will be in Williamstown this time next week for graduation to celebrate Olivia, Josh and Eliza's final moments as Williams students and to say goodbye to them as they start on their next adventures. To any of  you that are in or around New England this summer, you should definitely come up and visit me this summer. You will get the warmest high mountain hospitality you could possibly hope to find, and some beautiful hiking to boot!



No comments:

Post a Comment