Search Blog Posts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Aubrey's Postcard from AK

Hello From AK! I want to give a  HUGE THANKS to the team for my gift!! It is absolutely perfect. I have no car and am bike commuting every day to and from work and the store and a rain-proof backpack that is bright and large is EXACTLY what I needed! I can't tell you how much I am loving it - Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alaska has been grand! I've seen some Williams Alums: Sam Sterling is in Anchorage, coaching the APU junior team along with Dylan Watts. Fiona Worcester is in and out, between finishing her master's in teaching and working in Anchorage. I was also privileged to meet one of the first women on the Williams ski team - Ellen Ellen Toll Blanchett, and her husband David Blanchett, who was also a ski team captain (their daughter Lindly is an APU junior).

I played really hard and skiied a bit when I first got here in the spring, but I've mostly been working hard lately! I am planning to race my hometown mountain this holiday weekend, but since my knee isn't 100 percent yet, I won't be racing the downhill portion. Still, looking forward to a 4 day weekend!

I've LOVED all your posts! Please keep those going! I will be taking over the weekly training posts, so plan to hear from me soon! Have a great (and SAFE!) holiday!

I LOVE my new backpack: Thanks Team!!!

Skiing at Turnagain Pass with Sam Sterling, Cole Talbot, Fiona Worcester

Skiing at Hatcher's Pass

Hiking above Anchorage with APU juniors, coached by Sam Sterling

flying over Cook Inlet on a sunny Sunday

Watching the otters in Resurrrection Bay in my hometown of Seward, AK
On a ridge across from Anchorage for National Handstand Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment