Search Blog Posts

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Rolling into the Semester

Well, it's that time of year again...

Connor's Bros pods cover campus, everyone is scrambling to figure out their class schedules, and more excitingly, our team is slowly trickling back into Williamstown! I got here a couple days ago and got to move into my dorm (the new one!) before doing my first run up Pine Cobble of the fall with Sonya and spending many hours learning about team leadership. I had my first meal in a dining hall today (Driscoll, of course), and there have been several important changes on that front:

1. They now have the "wave-machine" so you don't have to swipe, just tap.
2. The salad bar has whole olives
3. The snack station thingy has crispy noodles. I'm not sure if this is new or I've just never noticed it.
4. They have new baked goods recipes, namely for a black bean brownie and a red velvet cookie.
5. They have a new espresso machine that has many different buttons you can push to procure a variety of caffeinated drinks. While this is the most notable development, I am skeptical of how well it works, but also looking forward to the fact that I might not have to spend quite as much money at Tunnel this semester.

Other notable changes to  campus include the beautiful new quad between Sawyer and Paresky, the scary metal structure at the end of Spring St. that is supposed to become a bookstore, and the major construction zone that is Schow.


Rolling into the new dorm while desperately trying to avoid "disciplinary action".

If you look closely, you will notice that this is the doorway to the best suite on campus, not only because it is decorated with cheerful (creepy?) animated snowmen, but also because Hannah, Tsaina and I all live there.


Our first team meeting is tomorrow and I am stoked to meet/see everyone again! 

ttfn

Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment