Search Blog Posts

Monday, July 11, 2016

Mountain Living

Greetings friends!

I hope you have all been having lovely summers across the globe! I've been loving your blog posts and seeing all the exciting things everyone has been doing since the end of school.

I have been mostly in New Hampshire working for the AMC, where I carry turkeys up mountains, fold a lot of blankets, and insist to people that they should not be hiking in flip flops because it is snowing. When I am not entertaining the masses in the backcountry, I am in Williamstown working on thesis research. I also managed to get over to France for a hot second with my dad and his family, where I celebrated my birthday and was able to visit friends in Grenoble. Its been a whirlwind couple of months but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here are some pictures for your general enjoyment!

Jumping around in the June snowstorm

Look! It even accumulated!

The view from my dining room at the hut

While in France my dad and I went up the tallest mountain in Provence, where the hardest stage of the Tour de France takes place. For those of you who have been to Mt. Washington, it's kind-of like that, but French.

I was able to be in Grenoble for my birthday!

When I got back to the US, I manage to injure my third limb of the summer. I have 1/4 that is fully functional, so I'm hoping to keep that one intact.

My beautiful home for the summer

Celebrating the 4th at the hut!

While in Williamstown I came across the Berkshires' newest coaching sensation, the inimitable Perry Thomas.
The clouds were doing cool stuff at the hut this morning!

Happy training to everybody and keep it up with the fun and interesting blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment