Search Blog Posts

Monday, December 15, 2014

And So It Begins...

It has been a pretty crazy couple of weeks here in Williamstown.  When the team got back from Craftsbury, they had one week of classes before a week of final exams.  Nonetheless, most of them have been in "I'm-really-smart-so-I'm-going-to-do-nothing-but-study-for-the-ten-exams/projects-I-have-despite-only-taking-four-classes" mode...?!...Seriously, they've been working real hard to finish the semester strong.  Despite all this "studying" they claim to have been doing, most have been able to enjoy the awesome snow Prospect has right now.  Prospect is notorious for getting good snow.  If Williamstown gets rain, Prospect gets snow.  If Williamstown gets four inches, Prospect gets a foot.  Such was the case last week, and the skiing has been awesome!

The team had it's annual Holiday party at the Lemieux's.  When I was in college (at a school that will not be named...) we would have a holiday party.  Everyone would dress up, eat a lot of food, laugh, and participate in a Yankee Swap.  Well apparently every ski team does this, because I felt like I was back in College.  Though the Yankee Swap gifts were less inappropriate than what I remember.  I suppose that's a good thing, especially considering ALL the Lemieux's were in attendance:
Baby Rogan! Just chillin among the gifts!
Caitlyn and Jayvin also participated in the Yankee swap!
Good Times.  Enough said.

Everyone looked really good, the food was delicious, and the hospitality was gracious!

Chatting with Hannah^2 on a Sunday distance ski.

Found the Hobbit house! My new apartment!

Found these two (Jack and Josh) crushing some speeds the other day!
Campus is pretty quiet right now.  Most everyone has gone home for the Holidays.  Jason and I will be holding down the fort before heading up to Ripton, VT for the Rikert Eastern Cup this weekend.  I'm really excited for an awesome weekend of racing - looks like there's going to be some stiff competition!  Less than two weeks until we are in Quebec!

Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment