Search Blog Posts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Classic Stowe; Happy Birthday, Knappster! And ALPINE WOMEN TAKE FIRST!

Okay, first of all: HUGE props to the Alpine women: Geordie Lonza took FIRST PLACE today!!Laurel Carter was right behind her in second place! And Sarah Cotrill was 10th, putting the women's team in FIRST! YEAH!!!!
Next: Our races: 5 and 10 k classic at Trapps in Stowe, VT. The trails were gorgeous today, some fresh cold powder for the ladies race in the morning made the waxing pretty easy, but the sunshine that warmed the tracks just before the men's race made for terrible kick conditions during the men's 10k. The Luthi duo led the day for the team - Elena taking 29th and DImitri 28th. Kristin Halvorsen and Christina Knapp were our second and third ladies, in 35th and 37th. Vanya Rybkin and Ian Nesbitt were our second and third men, finishing 29th and 32nd. ( Results )
And: Christina Knapp turned 21 today. And all the women bought her favorite thing in the world for her today: hot chocolate. :)
Also: There were no less than FIVE recent ski team Alums coaching at today's races: Liz Kantack (SMS), Alice Nelson (BKL league in Burlington), Maddy Wendt (CSU), Robby Cuthbert (Greylock HS), and Evan Dethier(GMVS).  !!!
Finally: Diane and Andreas Halvorsen graciously invited the team and any available parents into their home for a delicious dinner this evening. It was fun to meet the parents, have a nutritious and filling meal, and duel out world cup level  pool and ping pong games in the gameroom downstairs.
Christina gets a special birthday present of Bib #1

Kristin

Elena

Dimitri

Ian

Vanya skis past Coach Fisher giving splits

Knappster's B-day treats

Brownies and clementines at the Halvorsen's

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete